"There is no sight on earth more appealing than the sight of a woman making dinner for someone she loves."
Thomas Wolfe

Food is Love © 2007-2010 | All Rights Reserved |
Please Ask First!
MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Puding Tahu (Tofu Pudding) - Got Milk?

>> Monday, August 4, 2008



Though it's called Tofu Pudding, but there is no tofu at all in the ingredient. It's named as tofu pudding because it looks like tofu. The first time I saw this pudding was on Mbak Esther's multiply (sorry, I don't remember the link). She made it with almond flavor, but mine is only milk and agar-agar powder.

This pudding is become my fav, not only because it's easy to make but also healthy. The main ingredient of this pudding is milk!

I've made this pudding two times, the first I mixed it with peach and tropical fruit cocktail and brought it to the monthly gathering last two weeks (everybody liked it). The second time was one day after the gathering but this time I used mandarin orange and I like this one better. You can use any kind of fruit that you like.



After taking the photos of my second tofu pudding, I remembered the event called Got Milk? I saw the first time in Yummy!! Then after I read it from Make Life Sweeter (the owner of this blog, Linda, is the host) I decided to participate.



I haven't got my own kid now, but my mom breastfed her children (nine of them - ya ya.. I come from a big family) and so did my sisters. My two best friends in Jakarta also breastfed their babies. I found the moment of breastfeeding is full of love between mom and the baby. That's why I really hope that I can do the same when God gives me a chance to be a mother.

To know more about breastfeeding, please visit this site: www.breastfeeding.com.

Kudos to all mother in the world who breastfeed their babies!



Puding Tahu (Tofu Pudding)
Recipe by Mbak Estherlita, modified by me.

Ingredients:
Tofu Pudding
750 ml fresh milk
1 package of agar-agar powder (ca. 7 gr)
40 gr granulated sugar

1 can of mandarin orange (340 gr)

Syrup:
200 ml hot water
2 tbsp granulated sugar
Lemon juice as desired

or you can use the syrup of mandarin orange



Method:
1. Combine agar-agar, sugar and milk in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil by stirring continuously. Remove from the heat.
2. Pour the milk mixture into a pudding mold (wet the mold with water before using). Let it stand until cold, cube and mix with mandarin orange and syrup. Store in refrigerator before serving.

Syrup:
Dissolve sugar with water. Add lemon juice. Mix well.

19 comments:

Elsye August 5, 2008 at 12:45 AM  

iya ya fa bener juga, keliatna yummy bangetss tuh puddingnya :D...dikasih buah2an gitu...hihihi gue jadi pengne bikin juga nih :P sengkkiyuuu

Dwiana P August 5, 2008 at 3:03 AM  

emang kek tofu Fa. gw kalau bikin pudding kek gini beli yg udah jadi. Ada tuh product yg rasa almond gw lupa apa namanya.
foto yg pertama impressive!

btw, gw kalau komen ke elo gk bisa offline yah. kudu online.

Mochachocolata Rita August 5, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

wawwwww kayaknya asek banget neh untuk summer...daku ga kebagian breast milk...kata nyokap makanya gampang sakit hehehe

linda August 5, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

This pudding looks wonderful, I love the idea of cut pudding and it does indeed look like tofu :)

Thanks for your entry to Got Milk?
I'll be doing a round-up after August 7th.

haley August 5, 2008 at 11:02 AM  

kok gak pake tofu, meski namanya tofu puding sef? *bingung*

Foodfreak August 5, 2008 at 12:08 PM  

Great photos! I love the simplicity of this dish - and I am glad it doesn't contain tofu at all ;) I bet this will make an appeareance on my table soon, thanks for sharing.

yohana August 5, 2008 at 12:42 PM  

terimakasih buat dukungan terhadap pemberian ASI kepada bayi...berarti aku boleh ambil dong ya...heheeheh...asli ngeces....

Dita August 5, 2008 at 3:55 PM  

gue sering liat resep ini berkeliaran, tapi gak tergugah buat nyoba. Stelah liat postingan lo, gue jd pengen!!!

sefa firdaus August 6, 2008 at 12:01 AM  

@Elsye: iya Els, dikasih buah-buahan jadi seger.. ayooo bikin, gampang dan cepet ;)

@Dwiana P: waaa enak bener ada yg udah jadi, disini mah gue gak tau ada apa gak *ketauan jarang ngubek-ngubek spm*
bisa kok Dwi, elo bisa komen offline.. tinggal pilih yg URL aja
thanks pujiannya ;)

@Mochachocolata Rita: cocok banget utk summer, ayoo bikin Rit! waaa memang gitu ya kalo gak minum ASI? ya semoga nanti anakmu bisa dapat ASI ya say :)

@Linda: thanks for coming by Linda, and also for the event and making me know more about breastfeeding. Can't wait for the round-up!

@Haley: namanya puding tahu karena bentukannya mirip tahu Jeng, bukan karena pake tahu :D

@FoodFreak: thanks Petra! hahahaha... because I like tofu with chili better than with sugar :) Can't wait for yours!

@Yohana: boleh banget.. inshaallah aku support terus pemberian ASI utk bayi.

@Dita: coba deh Dit, gampang bener bikinnya, kalo mau versi komplit, intip aja yg resepnya Mbak Esther diblogspot

Sundari August 6, 2008 at 10:50 AM  

segernyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Sheila August 6, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

9 sodara? Enaknyaaaaa! Bisa kebayang kalo semuanya kumpul. Pasti rame banget :).
Fa, foto2 makanan lo semakin tambah kemajuan. Salut!

Judith August 7, 2008 at 1:50 PM  

Keren fotonya Sef.. enak ya maem yang seger2 gitu. Tapi aku kok belum pernah nyoba puding tahu, he he ndeso aku ..

Fitri August 7, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Sefaaaaaaaaaa...foto nya cantik2 , jadi pengen..

Lore August 8, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

Hi Sefa,
Oh does that pudding look ever so delightful! A perfect healthy little treat :). Mandarin oranges are my favourite type of oranges so you've hit a hot button

A.G August 8, 2008 at 9:23 PM  

tofu puding itu tahu yg kyk tahu telor ya ? kemaren aku beli mirip egg tofu ato tahu sutra made in singapore, lembut banget gitu tekturnya..tp dasar aku gebleg ya tak guyeng saja :P

sefa firdaus August 9, 2008 at 7:24 PM  

@Sundari: seger banget Sun, coba deh say.. gampang loh ;)

@Sheila: iya Sheil, bukan cuma rame.. kalah deh pasar kaget :))
makasih pujiannya ya Sheil, berkat motivasi dari elo juga nih ;)

@Judith: makasih Mbak! gak ada yg kata ndeso atau terlambat, ayoooo cepet ikutan bikin ;)

@Fitri: makasih banyak Mommy Nisa, foto-foto dirimu juga cantik-cantik semuah *jempol*

@Lore: give me five Lore, mandarin orange is also my fav too *hooorrraayyyy*

@A.G: bukan say, ini mah namanya aja tahu, pdhal sih dari susu dan agar-agar ;)

Susan from Food Blogga August 10, 2008 at 3:56 PM  

Hi Sefa,

I was just browsing Linda's Got Milk round up and was attracted by your tofu pudding. I'm so glad I stopped by because you have a truly delicious blog.

Cheers,
Susan

Maggie August 10, 2008 at 4:08 PM  

I love how simple and beautiful this dessert is. I'd love to try it with soymilk.

sefa firdaus August 13, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

@Susan from Food Blogga: Hi Susan. Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad that you like my blog. Btw, yours is also delicious.. love your food photos :)

@Maggie: A good idea Maggie. Please let me know the result. Thanks.

“One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.”Virginia Woolf

Recent Post

Oatmeal Banana Almond Cookies - 2nd Annual O Foods Contest for Ovarian Cancer Awareness MonthSate PadangThe Beauty of Red and White
Summer DrinkCherry BlossomsClick May 2009: Cookies
Ayam Bumbu Paniki (Chicken ala Paniki) Judging for Click April 2009 - Spring/AutumnBinte Biluhuta

Category

Travel Warning

Indonesia is dangerously beautiful!

Indonesia is not only Bali. We have lots of beautiful places within the 5 biggest islands and thousands of small islands. Please click on the banner above for more information about Indonesian tourisms. And don't forget to explore the beauty of West Sumatra.

  Designed by Ourblogtemplates.com © 2008 | Modified by Sefa Firdaus © 2007-2009

Back to TOP