>> Saturday, August 23, 2008
I knew that I'm late to post my entry for My Kitchen, My World (MKMW) #10, but better late than never. I just cleaned the dishes of our dinner. Tonight we mixed Jamaican food with Tunisian chili sauce. Please do not ask me about the taste, since I'm too full to explain it. All I can say that "the taste is still on my tongue".
The Jamaican food that I made is my entry for this week MKMW. After finding out that this week theme is Jamaica (chosen by Laura of One Happy Hubbard), directly I surfed the net to search for the recipe. After reading some recipes online, I decided to choose Glazed Chicken with Cheese that's included in the top Jamaica recipe of the week. Next time I'll make the famous Jerk Chicken from scratch, I've already check the recipe for the Jerk spices and I think I can find all the spices here.
Frankly speaking, I'm afraid to say that this one is authentic Jamaican cuisine, since I did some modification to it such as substituting chicken breast fillet to chicken thighs and using potato puree instead of fresh potato. I'm glad I did it since it saved more time for me in doing it, because at the same time I had to make chili sauce for Taste & Create. That's why I cooked the chicken in the oven instead of frying. It's healthier though ;)
Now let me write you down the recipe while listening to Redemption Song and chewing gum. Don't worry, the gum contains no weed at all *LOL*
Glazed Chicken with Cheese
Recipe by Jamaica Cooking.com, modified by me
1.3 kg chicken thighs, skin out, clean, cut into half
8 tbsp palm vinegar
2 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp clear honey
2 pack of potato puree
4 tbsp melted cheese
Salt and black pepper powder to taste
2 tbsp dried parsley
700 ml boiling water
200 ml fresh milk
1. Combine vinegar, mustard and honey in a bowl. Mix well.
2. Fold in chicken meats and let it stand in a fridge for at least 30 minutes.
3. Place chicken in a baking dish. Keep the rest of marinade sauce*. Bake in a preheated oven of 200°C for an hour or until done. Set aside.
4. Place potato puree in a big bowl. Pour into hot water and mix until moist using spatula or wooden spoon. Add fresh milk, mix well.
5. Add melted cheese. Mix until combined.
6. Season with salt and pepper and add parsley. Mix well until corporate.
7. Served chicken with the mashed potato and drizzle with the rest of marinade sauce. Eat with Tunisian chili sauce when desired.
* Stir fry marinade sauce with small amount of oil until cooked.